27 سبتمبر 2009
Usage statistics for electronic journals are increasingly standardised and usable thanks to the collaborative efforts of publishers, other information providers and librarians in developing and implementing the COUNTER codes of practice.
But what do you do if you need usage statistics for individual articles by a particular author published across different journals and also held across different institutional or subject repositories? This question is increasingly relevant when considering how to measure the ‘impact’ of research, for example.
The PIRUS (Publisher and Institutional Repository Usage Statistics ) project explored how usage statistics for individual articles could be collected from repositories and publishers and then combined to produce consolidated usage reports. PIRUS proposed a number of ways in which this could be done. A report was published in January 2009.
Now this work is to continue with a follow-on project - PIRUS2 - which has the following main objectives. To:
• Develop a suite of free, open source programmes to support the generation and sharing of COUNTER compliant usage data and statistics that can be extended to cover any and all individual items in institutional and subject repositories
• Develop a prototype article level publisher/repository statistics service
• Define a core set of standard useful statistical reports that repositories could/should produce for internal and external consumption
The project formally starts on 1st October 2009 and finishes as the end of 2010.
There are a number of project partners, the main ones being: MIMAS, Cranfield University (Library & Information Services), COUNTER, CrossRef and Oxford University Press.
This post is just to alert you to the existence of the project. More information about the project will be made available on the JISC Web site in due course.
Source: Article Level
22 سبتمبر 2009
A new platform for sharing aid information
- An International Aid Transparency Initiative (IATI) consultation note setting the IATI context, outlining the type of information the standard will cover and the main requirements the providers and users of aid information have from an IATI platform
- A technical consultation paper Unlocking the potential of aid information which looks at some issues around how this will be implemented licensing, data formats and the technical architecture
We would like your views on...
- Who are the target users of an IATI platform and what are their requirements?
- What are the requirements of an aid information platform from a information provider perspective?
- What is the best way to make aid information available, open and easy to find?
- What other aspects should we consider?
How to submit comments
- Add your comments to the relevant parts of the documents. It is very useful to have remarks that can feed into specific textual revisions or amendments for future versions of the report.
- Submit your comments for discussion on the open development mailing list.
- Email your comments to info at okfn dot org.
Read more : http://wiki.okfn.org/AidinfoReport
12 سبتمبر 2009
المؤتمر السادس لجمعية المكتبات والمعلومات السعودية 2009 مطلع أكتوبر القادم بالرياض
Google إجابات أحدث هذه الجهود لإثراء الشبكة العربية.
04 سبتمبر 2009
الخبر كما ورد:
After the resounding success of our first ever Open Access Day in 2008, where we had 120 participating organizations from almost 30 countries, we are pleased to announce that this year’s events will be scheduled during the week of 19-23 October 2009 - read the Press Release.
Why a week rather than a day? When we asked for feedback from the folks taking part last year, they said that while they had enjoyed the “event-in-a-box” approach, many of them found that cramming everything into one day was tricky (especially given international time differences) and that spreading activities over a week to suit their individual needs would be easier....
Read the news on the following URL:
02 سبتمبر 2009
مقال بعنوان "توافر الإنتاج الفكري في مجال المكتبات والمعلومات على طريق الوصول الحر" 2009
تتناول هذه الدراسة الانتاج الفكري المتخصص في مجال المكتبات والمعلومات من حيث توافرها على مسار الوصول الحر، إما عن طريق النشر في المجلات المتاحة بالمجان (الطريق الذهبي) أو عن طريق الأرشفة الذاتية في المستودعات الرقمية (الطريق الأخضر).
على الرابط التالي:
Author: Doug Way
Accepted: August 27, 2009
Anticipated Publication Date: May 2010
بحث بعنوان "دور البرمجيات مفتوحة المصدر في بناء المستودع الرقمي" 2006
على الرابط التالي: