Users of the platform include physicians, consumers, medical and scientific journals, medical schools, research institutes, medical associations, hospitals, for-profit and non-profit organizations, expert patients, policy makers, students, non-professionals taking care of loved ones, individual medical professionals, scientists, etc.
In association with Harvard Medical School, Stanford School of Medicine, Berkeley School of Public Health, University of Michigan Medical School and other leading global health organizations, Medpedia will be a commons for the gathering of the information and people critical to health care. Many organizations have united to support The Medpedia Project.
The Medpedia wiki is the collaborative encyclopedia and resource for information about health, medicine and the body.
- Reference source for both medical professionals and the lay-public covering information about health, medicine and the body
- Forum for individuals and groups to be recognized for their areas of expertise
- Clearinghouse of bio-medical journal articles, data, research, and educational materials
- Forum for debating emerging issues
- Platform for advancing medical knowledge